Thursday, November 3, 2016

When Plans Are Altered


I’ve heard many times in my life that a team can have all the talent in the world, but if their players do not play well together, they will not do as well. I have seen this on teams who have some truly incredible talent, but it is easy to see that there is only a surface level connection amongst the players. It is clear that the relationships amongst those players and coaches does not extend past those lines on the volleyball court. Those shallow relationships affect their play through lack of trust, not giving the benefit of the doubt, and so much more. As I am sure most of you can tell, this is where my experience being a part of the Calvin College volleyball has made all the difference for me. 

As many of you know, during the national tournament my sophomore year in Virginia, I dislocated my knee. (I know what you’re all thinking: Yikes!) When this happened the first time about 7 years ago, I was back at 100% in about 3 weeks. However, this time was different. In the past, the doctor thought it was because I grew so fast and had very little muscle.  This time when it happened I was in great shape and had great muscle strength but my knee still dislocated.  My knee didn’t heal like it did before.  This time it still felt very unstable and I had a ton of pain when I walked up stairs, ran, or even walked at a fast pace. So, this past January I had surgery as it was my only chance to get the stability back and run pain free. Fast forward to this past summer and my knee did get the stability back but is currently in more pain than it was prior to surgery. With that being said, my doctor did not clear me to play.

For most people this would mean that being a part of the volleyball team would be out of the question. Just before pre-season this past year I met with Coach Warners to discuss my situation. Coach has done a phenomenal job keeping me involved and taking an interest in who I am besides what I can give in my volleyball skills. During the Calvin volleyball camps this past summer Coach Warners asked me how my knee was doing. I responded with “Not so great. I am not sure how this will play out with volleyball.” Her response is something that I will never forget. Coach said, “No no. How is your knee looking long term? Not in regards to volleyball- in regards to your everyday life.”

I cannot express to you how much I am loved and valued as a person, regardless of what I can or cannot bring on the volleyball court. I was not, in any way, less involved or appreciated because of my injury. Do you understand how good that feels? To be loved for who you are as a person and for people to take interest in other areas of your life besides volleyball is one of the best feelings. It is the sole reason that I was able to stay on this team. Never in my life had I experienced a team whose love and relationships extended so far beyond the court. We truly love to be around each other for each other- not our volleyball talent. This is seen daily within our team. From long talks on bus rides and eating countless meals together, we really enjoy each other’s presence. When I look at our team, I don’t see volleyball skills. I see someone who has a great sense of humor, another who loves endlessly, another who is so creative and artistic that it would blow your mind, and yet another who works hard in every aspect of their life. The relationships that I, and the rest of us, have formed on this team have been nothing short of amazing. When I see our team play, I see never ending trust. I see us giving the benefit of the doubt. I see us work hard, push each other, and encourage each other like there is no tomorrow.   I am not sure how many other programs have what we have but I am guessing not everyone who plays volleyball on their teams feel the same way I do.  I’m not sure how other players from different schools feel about their teammates when they walk out of their gym, but our relationships with one another grows exponentially.  

Love,
Kelly Bos #16

Sr. Captain

9 comments:

  1. Su ra doi cua phuong phap nang vong 1 noi soi Y line phuong phap nang vong căng da mặt bằng chỉ


    cang da mat khong phau thuat gia bao nhieu 1 Han Quoc la su lua chon thong minh giup cho phu nu A Dong khac phuc cung duoc hoan toan nhung nhuoc diem cua nhung cach nang vong 1 truoc day tao nguc tron day can doi va tao dang chu Y mem mai dep tu nhien

    ReplyDelete
  2. เผาผลาญไขมัน ไม่มีอันตราย เป็นเทคโนโลยี ที่มีคุณภาพสูงสำหรับเพื่อการเผาผลาญไขมันส่วนเกิน
    เครื่องจะตรวจค้นจำนวนไขมัน แล้วก็คำนวนพลังงานที่จำต้องใช้อัตโนมัติ แล้วก็พวกเราจะใช้วัสดุอุปกรณ์ยิงคลื่น
    อัลตร้าซาวด์เข้าไปในรอบๆที่ได้ทำเครื่องหมายไว้อย่างสม่ำเสมอ โดยไม่เจ็บต่อเยื่อรอบๆ ใกล้เคียง ไม่ว่าจะเป็นผิวหนังข้างบน เซลล์ประสาท หรือ เส้นโลหิต จากนั้นเซลล์ไขมันจะถูกเปลี่ยนแปลงให้เป็นของเหลวแล้วถูกซับไปสู่กระแส เลือด แล้วถูกนำไปเผาผลาญโดยระบบการกำจัดไขมันของ
    ร่างกายตามธรรมชาติ ทำให้ท่านสัมผัสได้ถึงรูปร่างที่กระชับแล้วก็เรียบเนียนขึ้นโดยทันทีข้างหลังการดูแลและรักษา โดยไม่เป็นผลข้างๆใดๆก็ตามต่อสภาพร่างกายแล้วก็สามารถดำเนิน
    ชีวิตตามธรรมดา โดยไม่ต้องพักรักษาตัว


    สลายไขมัน กระชับสัดส่วน
    สลายไขมัน ไม่ผ่าตัด

    ReplyDelete
  3. • กำจัดขน
    • กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) เลือนริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
    • รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นและก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดและก็เรียบเนียน
    • รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่ไม่ปกติ
    • ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวใสดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
    • กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
    • รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจะต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันหลายคราวก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี



    เลเซอร์ขนขา
    เลเซอร์รักแร้
    เลเซอร์บิกินี
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
    เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very thankfull to sharing this type of information...thanks a lot.. Online Fortnite Free V-Bucks Generator Tool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Add or Remove Google ID

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 สูตรการเล่น บาคาร่า ฐานราก คาสิโนออนไลน์ แล้วก็ 3 สูตรแบบปรับใช้ที่มือใหม่ควรจะทำความเข้าใจ
    ถึงผู้คนจำนวนไม่ใช้น้อยจะรู้จักกับเกม บาคาร่า ในลักษณะของเกมเล่นง่าย ย้ำดวงเป็นหลักก็ตาม แต่ว่าในความเป็นจริงแล้วเกมไพ่เกมนี้กลับมีวิธีการที่เอาไว้ใช้ระหว่างเล่นเกมเยอะมากเพื่อคุณสามารถสร้างจังหวะให้ตนเองได้รับชัยจากการพนันที่มากเพิ่มขึ้นกว่าเดิม
    โดยในวันนี้ทางพวกเราก็จะมาชี้แนะเรื่องของสูตรการเล่นพนันเกม บาคาร่า สำหรับ sagaming ให้ทุกคนได้ทราบจะโดยแบ่งได้ 5 สูตรรากฐาน รวมทั้ง 3 สูตรแบบปรับใช้ ที่มีวิธีการเข้าใจง่ายไม่ได้ต่างอะไรกัน

    5 สูตรการเล่นรากฐาน
    สำหรับสูตรการเล่นเกมบาคาร่าออนไลน์เบื้องต้นก็จะมีทั้งสิ้น ดังนี้
    มังกร : เป็นสูตรของการรอคอย คุณจำเป็นต้องรอคอยเมื่อไพ่มันออกติดๆกัน อย่างต่ำสามครั้ง ให้เริ่มแทงเจ้ามือ 3 ครั้ง ผู้เล่น 1 ครั้ง ฯลฯ
    ปิงปอง : เป็นการพนันด้วยสูตรแบบสลับ ดังเช่นว่า เจ้ามือกับผู้เล่นชนะกันสลับไปๆมาๆรวมๆ6 ครั้ง คราวต่อไปให้ท่านเลือกแทงฝั่งตรงข้าม
    แทงทบ : เป็นลักษณะของการใช้สูตรที่ไม่ได้ทำยาก เพียงแค่แทงทบจากเจ้ามือคนเดิมแค่นั้นเพื่อเพิ่มจังหวะสำหรับการพนันชนะแล้วได้รับเงินรางวัลเพิ่ม
    รอคอยไพ่ 30 เปิด : ก่อนเริ่มแทงควรจะรอคอยให้ไพ่เปิดไปก่อน 30 ใบก็เลยเริ่มแทง ช่องทางสำหรับเพื่อการได้รับชัยจะสูงมากขึ้นกว่าเดิม
    ออกตาเดียว 5 ครั้ง : ถ้าออกชิดกันกำเนิด 5 ครั้งคุณสามารถมั่นอกมั่นใจได้ว่าครั้งถัดไปมันก็จะออกอย่างเดิม ก็ให้เลือกแทงไปเลย

    3 สูตรการเล่นแบบปรับใช้
    สูตรปรับใช้เป็นการนำสูตรรากฐานมาดัดแปลงน้อยเพื่อกับเหตุการณ์ โดยมีวิธีการดังนี้
    แทงฝั่งเดิมตลอด : ว่ากันว่าช่องทางสำหรับเพื่อการชนะเกมชอบอยู่ที่ 50:50 ก็เลยไม่แปลกถ้าหากคุณจะเลือกแทงฝั่งเดิมตลอด เพราะว่าได้เงินอย่างไม่ต้องสงสัย
    ทบต้นแบบขั้นบันได : แบบอย่างการทบเงินที่จะทำให้ท่านได้รับเงินคืนอย่างคุ้ม โดยระบุรอบการทบเอาไว้ที่ 3 รอบแค่นั้น
    แทงแบบแปลงฝั่งตาม : โดยทั่วไปคุณจะเลือกแทงแบบสลับฝั่งไปๆมาๆ แม้กระนั้นขั้นตอนการนี้คุณจะมองว่าข้างไหนเป็นข้างชนะต่อจากนั้นให้แทงตามฝั่งที่ชนะ
    ก็จบไปแล้วกับการเสนอแนะสูตรสำหรับเล่นเกมไพ่ของทาง sagame ที่จะทำให้ผู้เล่นสนุกสนานไปกับการพนันได้ทั้งที่เป็นเพียงแค่มือใหม่แล้วก็ยังสามารถได้กำไรจากการเล่นเกมได้อย่างง่ายดายผ่านทางเว็บรวมทั้งการสมัครเข้าใช้งานในฐานะสมาชิกโดยตรง อย่างไรก็ดีอย่าลืมนำสูตรดีๆไปประยุกต์ใน คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
    I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
    which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ប្រដាល់ថៃអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete